Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thing #18

Facebook vs Myspace
I already had accounts to both as well as german sites similar to Facebook and Myspace. I had them to socialize with my friend around the world because it is easier to stay in touch than email or real snail mail. One can post comments, pictures, blogs, etc. Its is basically an endless possiblity social network. Mostly I have it for friends and do not use it to make new friends. I ususally search people after meeting them in person although others have these sites to collect as many friends as possible. Lately, I have found myself spending too much time on myspace, they lauchned new applications such as texas hold em and poker. I like playing poker and the good thing is that nobody plays for real money. anyone can play and win. My husband and I spend some evenings sitting in our livingroom, each on a laptop playing against eachother. Its nice but I miss REAL SOCIALIZING. As much as it helps to stay in touch with friends and family i miss seeing them in real life.

For this blog i guess i would like to conclude that facebook would be the site i would use for educational purposes. although i know about cases where teachers were friends with students and got in trouble for it. therefore i believe there is no educational use or purpose until the ban is lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment