Monday, April 6, 2009

Thing #6

Social Networking Mainstays- Twitter-

Being that the last thing talked a lot about social networking I wanted to contuine the experience. I already have Facebook and Myspace so I wanted to know what Twitter was about. After watching the clip on "what is Twitter" i became very interested and joined. The first experience I made is that Twitter is so big at the moment that I got a message "Twitter is over capacity". I am smiling right now because the image below is hilarious.Next I would have to report that the website is very slow and not as easy to figure out. for example i wanted to personalize my profile and it took me a while to figure out how to get a picture up etc. I believe that myspace/facebook was/is easier to figure out. So my conclusion would be that Twitter is not as user friendly but i am still in the starting phase so i will keep myself open minded. But i have to say that the website people have to work on the "over capacity" issue. This could for many be a deal breaker because who in this day and age likes to wait. 10 minuets later, and i finally have a picture up. :-( Well i thought i did. omg I am so frustrated now. OK i give up for right now and I will update on the Twitter experience later.

Do I see myself using Twitter for its use in a school or library setting?
At this point(5:15pm on april 6th 2009): NO. I believe twitter needs some work. it is very slow and reminds me of myspace/facebook two years ago. I see potential in the tool Twitter but it is not at the point it needs to be for me to want to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment