Monday, April 6, 2009

Thing #7

-Flickr-

OMG, i love flickr!!! Out of the 23Things so fare this is what i can connect most with. I love photography and without looking very long I found this amazing picture. I will explore more later but I wanted to write a blog about this. Last night I want a recent movie with Angelia Jolie, Changeling, it was a good movie. The movie in short is based on a true story. Its about a mother whose child goes missing and the police in the public eye is doing everything to reunite the family. They end up bringing a child home to her which is not hers. They do not believe the mother and further accuse her of not doing her job. She ends up in a Psych ward because she goes public in the press about the police not finding her son. They eventually find out what happened. The son was kidnaped and kept hostage on a farm and a sick man was killing them. After this information goes public she is released from the ward and with help of a lawyer gets the police officers in trouble. At the end of the movie the sick man is hung. Throughout the movie the mother never gives up.
Long story short I picked this picture on Flickr because it reminded me of the movie. The woman in the picture obviously has a lot of self confidence and bravery to stand up against a line of police officers. I would like to get more information about the context of the picture, whether it is documentary or set up. Nevertheless it is a great photograph and i will keep looking for more by the artist, Matthew Scandrett. When I looked at the page again I found answers to my question. The photographs was taken at the G20 protest in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment