Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thing # 1

Lifelong Learning and Learning 2.0

7& 1/2 Habits

After watching the online tutorial on lifelong learning and how to best use the habits to my learning experience I was reminded of a class discussion at my former University in West Virginia. We talked about the importance of lifelong learning and how it was vital to our teaching philosophy. After watching the tutorial I thought about the habits and which ones I find harder and easier to realized and acknowledge every day.
#1 setting Goals
#2 taking responsibility for my learning
#3 problems vs challenges
#4 confidence in my own learning
#5 creating the toolbox for success
#6 using technology to my advantage
#7 teach/mentor other
#7 1/2 play!
I have sent many goals in my life and have not gone through with them which is why I am a non traditional student in college. I took a detour to achieve my goal of becoming a teacher because I thought I knew everything and I had did not need to learn anymore. I had a rude awakening but I am thankful for it because it brought me back to my original goal and dream of wanting to teach and mentor other. I would say that I feel very good about #1 and #2. Hard for me is to relax and consider problems as challenges and not to let them become a crises. I believe I have some confidence in myself and have figured out what I need to have in my toolbox to be successful. A lot of willpower and determination, support from the ones I love and reminding me of what it is I want in life. Lastly I have issues with #7 1/2 because I take learning serious and forget that playing is apart of the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment